Skip to main content

Featured Post

CALIFORNIA FIRE: 62,000 People Have Fled Blaze

Digging the grave with ones teeth



Some years back, I was at the General hospital Gbagada in Lagos state, it was a woeful experience. Firstly I wasn't the one on the bed but I was more of the casualty of the bitter moment. I watched and listened carefully to the nurses discussions on patients and in my findings I noticed what humans eat daily, either solid or liquid, smoked or licked causes more death than the natural death and accidents combined together.
I met at the hospital a man who happens to be in the same ward with the person of which I was stocked in the hospital. The man whose name I have forgotten was diagnosed with diabetes,  so must stay away from every sugary food,  but to my surprise after the doctors round in the morning, the man finds a way to sneak down stairs, take a soft drink (mirinda precisely) with either jollof rice or white rice and sneaks back to his hospital bed. What! I was shocked the very day I saw him downstairs digging his grave with his teeth. Sir, "you are not expected to be eating this" let me be , he replied, "I can't cope with the wheat bread and wheat ball they feed me with". Hmmm,  I went upstairs reported him to the nurse on duty and necessary actions were taken.
Why not watch what you eat? Some are obese and still yet keeps feeding on fatty foods, so are the smokers and drunkards,  getting addicted to an early grave, I believe there is nothing such as addiction, it all depends on ones will to make decisions.
Well as for the man at the hospital,  diagnosed with diabetes, he hopped into the grave he dug with his teeth,  never to hop out again.
SAY NO TO UNHEALTHY FEEDING

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALIFORNIA FIRE: 62,000 People Have Fled Blaze

  The evacuations have come amid a grueling heat wave, the coronavirus pandemic and air thick with smoke. The wildfires have burned through more than 350,000 acres. The wildfires that continued to rip across Northern California on Thursday have forced 62,000 people from their homes and threaten evacuations for 100,000 more. Firefighters have struggled to contain the blazes, and massive smoke clouds have harmed the air quality. A large group of fires burning in wine country west of Sacramento had grown to cover 131,000 acres, according to Cal Fire, the state’s fire authority. The agency said that, in all, nearly 350,000 acres have burned in Northern and Central California, with many fires sparked by lightning strikes in the high heat and then fanned by winds. Those conditions helped new fires sprout across the state on Wednesday and Thursday, and caused other fires to merge, complicating efforts to contain the combined blazes. Almost two dozen major fires were reported on Wednesday,...

The Key Traits of Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg and Meg Whitman

  What makes these leaders stand out from the rest? IBM's Watson did some digging. From Bill Gates to Meg Whitman to Elon Musk, today's most renowned business people  innovate , inspire and create. However, what makes these individuals so different from the rest of us? What  traits  do they possess that make them so successful? With the help of IBM’s supercomputer Watson, online career management website  Paysa  sought to uncover the common characteristics of top business leaders. Using Watson’s Personality Insights program to analyze speeches, essays, books and interview transcripts of today’s most powerful  leaders , the company discovered what puts these people at the top.   Of eight surveyed industries, entertainment, fashion, finance, law, marketing, media, medicine and politics, Watson discovered that “intellect” was the top personality trait for leaders in a majority of these fields. With the help of IBM’s supercomputer Watson, ...

THE FAMOUS AKARA OSU

I'm just a big sucker for anything that tastes so good that's why I was persuaded to taste this beans cake (Akara) courtesy a dear cousin, by the way I'm still thinking of how she found out about the akara. I remember we were making sandwich for an Abuja trip and she said she wanted us to keep our bread till we got to that round about that leads to Ife /akure/ilesha.i didn't want to but she made the "mwuese you should taste the Akara"statement. Please if you don't want me to eat a country don't make that statement beside me cos it immediately gives me cravings.