Skip to main content

Featured Post

CALIFORNIA FIRE: 62,000 People Have Fled Blaze

THE FAMOUS AKARA OSU

I'm just a big sucker for anything that tastes so good that's why I was persuaded to taste this beans cake (Akara) courtesy a dear cousin, by the way I'm still thinking of how she found out about the akara. I remember we were making sandwich for an Abuja trip and she said she wanted us to keep our bread till we got to that round about that leads to Ife /akure/ilesha.i didn't want to but she made the "mwuese you should taste the Akara"statement. Please if you don't want me to eat a country don't make that statement beside me cos it immediately gives me cravings. 

Summary of my story is I finally tasted the Akara that awesome morning and I got stuck. Gosh!!!  I don't know why the inner part is always very succulent like how do they go about it. I've tried to make it but failed ( culinary school here I come) or maybe I should just sit down by the road side with one of the women making this superb beans cake. 
I would love to say that Akara Osu is BAE. I do not know anything about the little village Osu but I know alot about it's indigenes Akara making skills. Trust me it is a must eat. It saved me from hunger during my early morning travels as an Obafemi Awolowo University student(i still travel alot).
So for anyone passing Ibadan /Ife express going to the south, east or north don't forget to patronise this special Akara and bread. They are always at that roundabout opposite Oduduwa university. Time to rest been on the road. 
#lifeofatraveller #straightouttaosu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Maureen - The Meeting

CHAPTER ONE THE MEETING EPISODE ONE Echoesminds. com/Maureen They say life is a long story about how we died, it truly is, and this is truly a long story of one of the most beautiful, friendly and gorgeous minds ever seen, a mind that ended unexpectedly, unfortunately so soon, sooner than anyone could have ever expected, was the sacrifice worth it?  “Maureen, do not take a step out of that door, mama asked you to clean the kitchen before leaving, and I will make sure you see to this before you step out”, Debbie insisted, “but you can do that for me and I will help you out in the evening with the dishes, I just need to leave now, I told Sarah I would make it early to her house, so she can help me with the making of my hair before her younger brother returns, please let me go” Maureen insisted holding and pecking Debbie as she spoke and immediately runs out of the house. “Please, watch the road carefully before crossing ooo Idiot”, Debbie screamed out through the windo...

The Key Traits of Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg and Meg Whitman

  What makes these leaders stand out from the rest? IBM's Watson did some digging. From Bill Gates to Meg Whitman to Elon Musk, today's most renowned business people  innovate , inspire and create. However, what makes these individuals so different from the rest of us? What  traits  do they possess that make them so successful? With the help of IBM’s supercomputer Watson, online career management website  Paysa  sought to uncover the common characteristics of top business leaders. Using Watson’s Personality Insights program to analyze speeches, essays, books and interview transcripts of today’s most powerful  leaders , the company discovered what puts these people at the top.   Of eight surveyed industries, entertainment, fashion, finance, law, marketing, media, medicine and politics, Watson discovered that “intellect” was the top personality trait for leaders in a majority of these fields. With the help of IBM’s supercomputer Watson, ...

CALIFORNIA FIRE: 62,000 People Have Fled Blaze

  The evacuations have come amid a grueling heat wave, the coronavirus pandemic and air thick with smoke. The wildfires have burned through more than 350,000 acres. The wildfires that continued to rip across Northern California on Thursday have forced 62,000 people from their homes and threaten evacuations for 100,000 more. Firefighters have struggled to contain the blazes, and massive smoke clouds have harmed the air quality. A large group of fires burning in wine country west of Sacramento had grown to cover 131,000 acres, according to Cal Fire, the state’s fire authority. The agency said that, in all, nearly 350,000 acres have burned in Northern and Central California, with many fires sparked by lightning strikes in the high heat and then fanned by winds. Those conditions helped new fires sprout across the state on Wednesday and Thursday, and caused other fires to merge, complicating efforts to contain the combined blazes. Almost two dozen major fires were reported on Wednesday,...