Skip to main content

Featured Post

CALIFORNIA FIRE: 62,000 People Have Fled Blaze

Gossip Girl's Ed Westwick been investigated by LAPD after rape allegations

Ed Westwick is being investigated for sexual assault by the Los Angeles Police Department after actress Kristina Cohen accused him of rape.

The actress filed a report Tuesday alleging the actor sexually assaulted her.

On Tuesday afternoon, an alleged victim went to the LAPD's Hollywood division and filed a report of sexual assault, in which they named the Gossip Girl alum as a suspect, public information officer Tony Im told PEOPLE.

The LAPD would not identify Cohen as the woman who made the complaint.

“Suspect forced victim to have sexual intercourse inside his residence … three years ago," the report states, according to Deadline, which first reported news of the investigation.

LAPD's investigation comes hours after Westwick denied Cohen's claims that he raped her three years ago at his apartment.

“I do not know this woman,” Westwick, 30, wrote on Instagram. “I have never forced myself in any manner, on any woman. I certainly have never committed rape.”

In a lengthy Facebook post shared Monday, 27-year-old Cohen — who has played minor roles in several movies and TV series — said the alleged rape occurred while she was visiting Westwick with her then-boyfriend, who is not named but referred to as a producer who was friends with the actor.

Cohen said she wanted to leave after Westwick allegedly suggested “we should all f—” but felt pressured into staying because the producer didn’t want to make Westwick feel “awkward.”

“Ed insisted we stay for dinner,” she wrote. “I said I was tired and wanted to leave, trying to get out of what was already an uncomfortable situation. Ed suggested I nap in the guest bedroom. The producer said we would stay for just another 20 more minutes to smooth everything over, and then we could leave.”

Cohen said she laid down in the guest room, where she eventually fell asleep.

“I was woken up abruptly by Ed on top of me, his fingers entering my body,” she claimed. “I told him to stop, but he was strong. I fought him off as hard as I could but he grabbed my face in his hands, shaking me, telling me he wanted to f— me. I was paralyzed, terrified. I couldn’t speak, I could no longer move. He held me down and raped me.”

“It was a nightmare,” she continued. “And the days following weren’t any better.”

Her decision to come forward with her story was inspired by the numerous sexual assault allegations currently rippling through Hollywood and society in general.

“I hope my coming forward will help others to know that they are not alone, that they are not to blame, and it is not their fault,” Cohen wrote.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALIFORNIA FIRE: 62,000 People Have Fled Blaze

  The evacuations have come amid a grueling heat wave, the coronavirus pandemic and air thick with smoke. The wildfires have burned through more than 350,000 acres. The wildfires that continued to rip across Northern California on Thursday have forced 62,000 people from their homes and threaten evacuations for 100,000 more. Firefighters have struggled to contain the blazes, and massive smoke clouds have harmed the air quality. A large group of fires burning in wine country west of Sacramento had grown to cover 131,000 acres, according to Cal Fire, the state’s fire authority. The agency said that, in all, nearly 350,000 acres have burned in Northern and Central California, with many fires sparked by lightning strikes in the high heat and then fanned by winds. Those conditions helped new fires sprout across the state on Wednesday and Thursday, and caused other fires to merge, complicating efforts to contain the combined blazes. Almost two dozen major fires were reported on Wednesday,...

Reopenings: “New Wide Release Movies Are Unlikely To Be Available”

The National Association of Theatre Owners is continuing its work advocating for cinemas during the COVID-19 pandemic. In their latest statement, the association responds to several states’ plans to open theaters as early as next week. The White House’s plan to open the economy includes theaters under “Phase One,” meaning they would be allowed to open after the area in which they operate in satisfies  three qualifying criteria . In the days since the White House released its plan, Georgia governor Brian Kemp has stated that movie theaters in his state  could be allowed to open as early as next Monday, April 27  if they adhere to “specific social distancing and sanitation mandates.” Governors of Tennessee and South Carolina have also announced plans to allow non-essential businesses to reopen, though what this means for movie theaters specifically has not yet been clarified. As states begin to move towards reopening, NATO issued the following statement: While some states a...

#Skills That Will Be In High Demand In The Future - By Richard Bradson

I’ve always relied on instinct when it comes to calculating risks, putting trust in people and making important business decisions. There are some things that can’t be summed up in a statistic, and this is when you need to use a bit of intuition. Image from Adam Slama On the  Strive Challenge  this year, I had an interesting conversation on the topic with the team, who have all followed incredible careers across many different sectors – from business and science to aerospace engineering and medicine. We were discussing how decisions are becoming more and more data-driven, as technology and artificial intelligence advances. However, as we rely more and more on analytics to make our decisions, we’re losing touch of our human instinct and we’re taking human reasoning out of the equation. We all agreed on the danger this presents and the importance of looking at every decision with a human lens. Creativity, problem solving, reasoning and...