Skip to main content

Featured Post

CALIFORNIA FIRE: 62,000 People Have Fled Blaze

Arnold Schwarzenegger - I Am Feeling Better But Not Very OK Yet


Arnold Schwarzenegger is back, but he's still got some recovering to do.

The Terminator star, 70, took to Twitter on Thursday to post a video thanking fans for their support after he underwent open-heart surgery at the end of March. It's the first time the former governor has been seen on video since the operation.

"Thank you so much for all your wishes and for all the cards and the phone calls and the emails and the texts and all this kind of stuff that I got from around the world," a healthy-looking Schwarzenegger said. "I really appreciate that very much."

As for his health, the actor said, "I just wanted you to know that I'm feeling much better. I can't say, even with my positive attitude, that I'm great, because I'm not great yet. Great is at a totally different level. But I'm good. I feel good. I get good care, good doctors, good nurses, everything is fantastic."

Thank you all for caring. We are moving forward!pic.twitter.com/kvauldg3Mq

— Arnold (@Schwarzenegger) April 12, 2018

Schwarzenegger delivered the message from behind a chess board, and explained that he was playing the game "to freshen my mind and memory a little bit." He also promised to "stay in touch" with fans as he continues to recover.


The day after the operation, his representative Daniel Ketchell released a statement explaining the procedure. “Yesterday, Governor Schwarzenegger underwent a planned procedure at Cedars-Sinai to replace a pulmonic valve that was originally replaced due to a congenital heart defect in 1997," he said.

The replacement the actor underwent nearly 20 years ago was “never meant to be permanent,” so Schwarzenegger “chose to replace” it “through a less-invasive catheter valve replacement,” Ketchell added.

It’s true: I’m back! I went to sleep expecting to wake up with a small incision and woke up with a big one - but guess what? I woke up, and that’s something to be thankful for. Thank you to the doctors & nurses. And I’m truly filled with gratitude for all of the kind messages.

— Arnold (@Schwarzenegger) April 2, 2018

An open-heart surgery team was standing by in case of complications, which is common during these types of procedures, according to Ketchell. When complications arose during the procedure, the doctors on standby were able to successfully step in and perform open-heart surgery, the actor’s rep confirmed to PEOPLE.

“Governor Schwarzeneggers’ pulmonic valve was successfully replaced and he is currently recovering from the surgery and is in stable condition,” Ketchell added, before thanking the “entire medical team for their tireless efforts.”

The actor posted to social media himself for the first time on April 2, writing, "It’s true: I’m back! I went to sleep expecting to wake up with a small incision and woke up with a big one. But guess what? I woke up, and that’s something to be thankful for.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALIFORNIA FIRE: 62,000 People Have Fled Blaze

  The evacuations have come amid a grueling heat wave, the coronavirus pandemic and air thick with smoke. The wildfires have burned through more than 350,000 acres. The wildfires that continued to rip across Northern California on Thursday have forced 62,000 people from their homes and threaten evacuations for 100,000 more. Firefighters have struggled to contain the blazes, and massive smoke clouds have harmed the air quality. A large group of fires burning in wine country west of Sacramento had grown to cover 131,000 acres, according to Cal Fire, the state’s fire authority. The agency said that, in all, nearly 350,000 acres have burned in Northern and Central California, with many fires sparked by lightning strikes in the high heat and then fanned by winds. Those conditions helped new fires sprout across the state on Wednesday and Thursday, and caused other fires to merge, complicating efforts to contain the combined blazes. Almost two dozen major fires were reported on Wednesday,...

Reopenings: “New Wide Release Movies Are Unlikely To Be Available”

The National Association of Theatre Owners is continuing its work advocating for cinemas during the COVID-19 pandemic. In their latest statement, the association responds to several states’ plans to open theaters as early as next week. The White House’s plan to open the economy includes theaters under “Phase One,” meaning they would be allowed to open after the area in which they operate in satisfies  three qualifying criteria . In the days since the White House released its plan, Georgia governor Brian Kemp has stated that movie theaters in his state  could be allowed to open as early as next Monday, April 27  if they adhere to “specific social distancing and sanitation mandates.” Governors of Tennessee and South Carolina have also announced plans to allow non-essential businesses to reopen, though what this means for movie theaters specifically has not yet been clarified. As states begin to move towards reopening, NATO issued the following statement: While some states a...

#Skills That Will Be In High Demand In The Future - By Richard Bradson

I’ve always relied on instinct when it comes to calculating risks, putting trust in people and making important business decisions. There are some things that can’t be summed up in a statistic, and this is when you need to use a bit of intuition. Image from Adam Slama On the  Strive Challenge  this year, I had an interesting conversation on the topic with the team, who have all followed incredible careers across many different sectors – from business and science to aerospace engineering and medicine. We were discussing how decisions are becoming more and more data-driven, as technology and artificial intelligence advances. However, as we rely more and more on analytics to make our decisions, we’re losing touch of our human instinct and we’re taking human reasoning out of the equation. We all agreed on the danger this presents and the importance of looking at every decision with a human lens. Creativity, problem solving, reasoning and...