Skip to main content

Featured Post

CALIFORNIA FIRE: 62,000 People Have Fled Blaze

Here is the workout, that helped Kim Kardashian West loose 20lb

After weighing "almost 140 forever," Kim Kardashian West says she's dropped down to 116 lbs. — and now she's sharing more about how she got there.

The reality star, 37, posted a glimpse of her workoutto her Instagram story on Saturday. She focused on her legs, and shared part of the rigorous routine: four sets of 15 front squats, four sets of 20 kettle bell swings (she uses a 30-lb. weight) and four sets of 30 hip thrusts.

RELATED: Kim Kardashian’s Trainer Shares the Star’s 'Bodybuilding' Diet and Exercise Routine: 'She’s a Workhorse!'

In another video the mom of three — North, 5, Saint, 2, and Chicago, 7 months — said her own mom, Kris Jenner, was asking for tips. "@krisjenner over here trying to steal my food plan & trainer" Kardashian West captioned the video with the crying-laughing emoji. She also shared that her "abs these days ... look good" in a selfie style video.

To tone up, the Kimoji creator has been working with personal trainer and former bodybuilder Melissa Alcantara.

Kim Kardashian

“I work out about an hour-and-a-half every single day, heavy weights," she told E! News. I don’t do a lot of cardio. But honestly, like even my mom pulled me aside maybe a week ago and pulls me in a closet and is like, ‘What are you doing?’ She says, ‘I don’t care what, I just need to know.’ I’ve been working out really hardcore with a bodybuilder for one year. September is our one-year anniversary."

RELATED: Kim Kardashian Is 'Really Proud' of Her 20-Lb. Weight Loss: 'I'm 116 Lbs. and It Just Feels Good'

Kim Kardashian

She added, "I didn’t see results right away, but when you stick with something and you’re consistent, you will. So, I love it."

RELATED VIDEO: Kim Kardashian Is 'Really Proud' of Her 20-Lb. Weight Loss: 'I'm 116 Lbs. and It Just Feels Good'

[tempo-video id="5825915237001" account_id="416418724" autoplay=off]

Dropping the weight has also required changes to Kardashian West's diet. The main change? Cutting back on sugar and trying to eat healthier in general.

Kim Kardashian

"I don’t really eat sugar the way that I used to. It doesn’t really do it for me,” she said. “I’ve kind of been trained to just eat a lot healthier than I used to. I used to just eat anything and everything and I loved it. ... So I really do control that now. … I don’t want to ruin it by just stuffing my face.”

RELATED: Every Occasion the KarJenners Have Celebrated by Showing Off Their Butts

According to Alcantara, they train together six days a week at 6 a.m., rotating through specific body parts: shoulders, biceps/triceps, and chest/back, as well as three days devoted to legs. They also do some cardio — either short bursts of high intensity, or longer, low-intensity walks.

Instagram Photo

“She loves and hates leg days,” Alcantara said in an exclusive interview with PEOPLE. “But she’s committed! She knows what it takes, but it’s also really grueling. It’s heavy, it’s killer, but she’ll be like, ‘Alright, let’s do it!’ She’s a workhorse.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALIFORNIA FIRE: 62,000 People Have Fled Blaze

  The evacuations have come amid a grueling heat wave, the coronavirus pandemic and air thick with smoke. The wildfires have burned through more than 350,000 acres. The wildfires that continued to rip across Northern California on Thursday have forced 62,000 people from their homes and threaten evacuations for 100,000 more. Firefighters have struggled to contain the blazes, and massive smoke clouds have harmed the air quality. A large group of fires burning in wine country west of Sacramento had grown to cover 131,000 acres, according to Cal Fire, the state’s fire authority. The agency said that, in all, nearly 350,000 acres have burned in Northern and Central California, with many fires sparked by lightning strikes in the high heat and then fanned by winds. Those conditions helped new fires sprout across the state on Wednesday and Thursday, and caused other fires to merge, complicating efforts to contain the combined blazes. Almost two dozen major fires were reported on Wednesday,...

Reopenings: “New Wide Release Movies Are Unlikely To Be Available”

The National Association of Theatre Owners is continuing its work advocating for cinemas during the COVID-19 pandemic. In their latest statement, the association responds to several states’ plans to open theaters as early as next week. The White House’s plan to open the economy includes theaters under “Phase One,” meaning they would be allowed to open after the area in which they operate in satisfies  three qualifying criteria . In the days since the White House released its plan, Georgia governor Brian Kemp has stated that movie theaters in his state  could be allowed to open as early as next Monday, April 27  if they adhere to “specific social distancing and sanitation mandates.” Governors of Tennessee and South Carolina have also announced plans to allow non-essential businesses to reopen, though what this means for movie theaters specifically has not yet been clarified. As states begin to move towards reopening, NATO issued the following statement: While some states a...

#Skills That Will Be In High Demand In The Future - By Richard Bradson

I’ve always relied on instinct when it comes to calculating risks, putting trust in people and making important business decisions. There are some things that can’t be summed up in a statistic, and this is when you need to use a bit of intuition. Image from Adam Slama On the  Strive Challenge  this year, I had an interesting conversation on the topic with the team, who have all followed incredible careers across many different sectors – from business and science to aerospace engineering and medicine. We were discussing how decisions are becoming more and more data-driven, as technology and artificial intelligence advances. However, as we rely more and more on analytics to make our decisions, we’re losing touch of our human instinct and we’re taking human reasoning out of the equation. We all agreed on the danger this presents and the importance of looking at every decision with a human lens. Creativity, problem solving, reasoning and...